An octagonal brick building erected in 1816. A Coast Guard and tower beacon were maintained at the point during the Revolution. Original wooden lighthouse, built in 1806, was blown down in the Great Gale of September 1815. The last German U-Boat sunk in World War II was two miles off the light. Visitors welcome to the grounds; lighthouse and Coast Guard Station restricted.